Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a really good pattern working on Travis for about 3 weeks. My worst day out of my last 5 trips has been 16 fish. Well,, today I took my daughter who is home from college, knowing we were gonna be on a good bite. Results- 3.5 hours of Hard fishing and 2 13" bass to show for it. Dont know what happened, but I guess that is why they call it fishing. I am now hoping to find somewhere to take her to catch some fish before she goes back to Louisiana next week. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I fished Travis last Sunday around Cow Creek area. The water was very stained and 58 degrees. I caught 3 and my cousin caught 3. I tried the same pattern that was working well in the mid lake areas but it didn't pan out. Try Bastrop, I went there Sat. and caught six, not the greatest but I was happy to try some new water.
Good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't the only one with a tough day. I put in at Gloster Bend and fished down lake within 3 miles of the ramp from 11:00-3:00. I ended up catching 3- a 15" and 2-16". I also missed a couple of others. All caught on texas rigged watermelon red flake Big Bite stick baits.

I concentrated in about 10'-20' of water close to deep water. Maybe they were shallower in the 80 degree weather.

Even though not a lot of fish, a great day.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I've been fishing Travis quite a bit in the last couple of weeks and have noticed a few things about their movements depending on the conditions. Today being as sunny and warm as it was, I would expect them to have been in one of two places...less than 3ft of water or more than 35ft of water...even down to 70ft. So basically at one of the extremes of the depth spectrum. The jig bite has been strong, but I probably would have opted for the drop-shot with a 4" worm today with the intense sunshine we had most of the day...

·
Registered
428 Posts
That is great news to me. I was on a spot that was cranking out 2+lb bass every 15' or so on Saturday, and Sunday. Today I nearly blanked. That same spot didn't give up one fish. Finally caught a few guads, and a couple keepers. I KNOW they are there, just didn't want to play.
This is one that was close to 3lbs my son caught on Sunday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah i thought travis would have been good today, If i didn't catch them shallow i would have gone deep like what Strictly said with a drop shot. I fished LBJ today instead and the bite was slow too, i had to work for 4 keepers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Had to have been the eclipse! ( that is the excuse I'm using!) Took one of my boys and wife Jilly out on Lake Austin. With all the boats out there I thought it was the middle of summer! Jet ski's, wake boarders, even water skiers in the 60 degree water! Nada, first time in quite sometime, but a beautiful day to be on the water with my family! We are gonna head for Travis this afternoon if we get the chance. Enjoy another beautiful day in Central Texas! :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
In my humble opinion, if you had success fishing 3 weeks of freshwater using one pattern, you did extremely well. There have been way more time than I can remember where we've done really good (or bad) one day and had the exact opposite results the NEXT day. That's why they call it fishing and not catching. I would say that the longest pattern I've experienced is schooling bass on FCL. We killed them every weekend for a month and then, nada.

Keep up the good work, dudes!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Any consistent pattern can really spoil you. Just when you think you are KVD the bass show you otherwise. Travis seems to be a whole lot more predictable than LA.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
2B27273C2126293C273A480 said:
Any consistent pattern can really spoil you. Just when you think you are KVD the bass show you otherwise. Travis seems to be a whole lot more predictable than LA.
You said it all right there !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.