Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The H.H.J. Jackpot is this Saturday the 29th of Nov.

Tournament Rules:
1: These are how the places pay:
one - seven participant pays out 1st
eight - fourteen participants pays out 2nd
fifteen - twenty three participants pays 3rd  
twenty four and over pays out 4
1-2 places pays 60, 40
1-3 places pays 50, 30, 20
1-4 places pays 50, 30, 20, Kinami bag

2: 2 man teams $30.00 a boat $5.00 big bass optional.

3: Tournament fishing times will be from 6:30am-11:30am.

4: I will be at City Park from 6:00am-6:30 for sign in.  There will be random live well checks but once you sign in you can head to your spot but cannot start fishing till 6:30am.  

5: Weigh in will be at City Park you will need to be within idling distance of weigh by 11:30am or you will be considered late and will be disqualified.

6: All basic tournament rules apply (No trolling, one rod per person in the water etc..).  If you don't follow the rules of the tournament or rules of good sportsmanship you can be disqualified and this will be at the discretion of the tournament director.

7: There is a one lb penalty for all dead fish.

8: Ties will be determined by a flip of a coin.

If there is any questions please feel free to contact me or post here.

Take Care
H.H.J.

· Banned
1,010 Posts
Really tough bite this morning on LA for the HHJ jackpot.  Conditions seemed ideal for some big bites (overcast, light wind, moderate temps) however the fish weren't cooperating.  Most reported a tough bite all morning.  No limits were weighed in however Duke put up 10+ lbs with 4 fish and a 5.5 lb kicker.  Cody Ryan and team put up 7.4 lbs for 2nd and Scott Stagner split the big bass pot with Duke with a 5.5 lb big bass.

I fished mid lake all morning and scratched out 4 fish, only 1 keeper around 3 lbs.  Fish caught on drop shot, jig, and wacky.

Thanks to HHJ and BAM for hosting the jackpot! It was good seeing a lot of familiar faces.  14 teams fished.

Don't forget to register for the Big Bass Splash TTZ tourney on LA next Sat, 12/6!!

Registration available online at: http://web.me.com/austineric

Deadline for online registration will be 12:01 am on 12/06/2008.

Entry forms available at Elite Water Sports on Lake Austin and FishFinders Marine in Round Rock.  

Entries must be received before close of business on 12/05/2008 at drop off locations.

Last minute entries day of the tournament at 360 from 5:30 am - 6:20 am

-Rich

· Registered
541 Posts
Thanks guys for a fun T! It was nice to get out...

The temperatures seemed to drop as the day went on and the fishing was TOUGH! Upon noticing this, I knew that a limit of keepers might have a shot so thats when we decided to shoot for keepers instead of the typical LA chunks... Almost two hours in and only a 10 incher, I made a move to hit isolated bluffs with TXrigs and drop shots just searching for a bite...No grass, and not tight to the bluff but mostly on the second drop and picked up on the fall- One certain cast produced 3 of our keepers in a matter of about 20 minutes... Nice... Burned that hole and started bounceing around looking to duplicate and picked up one more, and lost our 5th fish, twice! Thats how it goes and the cards were not in it for me today but I'll take second any day of the week!
Thanks guys and might have to make the next one...  :cool:

· Banned
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good turn out guys!  

We managed 2 keepers and caught alot of short fish.  Congrats to Duke for the win and Cody and Toni for the second place finish.

I think it was actually Scott and Larry and Partner that split the big bass pot.

Good to see everyone out there and look forward to the next one.

Take Care
H.H.J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.