Bass Fishing Forum banner

H.H.J. Sat morning T Oct 4th

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Russell 
#1 ·
The H.H.J. Jackpot is this Saturday the 4th of October.

Tournament Rules:
1: These are how the places pay:
one - seven participant pays out 1st
eight - fourteen participants pays out 2nd
fourteen - twenty three participants pays 3rd  
twenty four and over pays out 4
1-2 places pays 60, 40
1-3 places pays 50, 30, 20
1-4 places pays 50, 30, 20, Kinami bag

2: 2 man teams $30.00 a boat $5.00 big bass optional.

3: Tournament fishing times will be from 6:30am-11:30am.

4: I will be at City Park from 6:00am-6:30 for sign in.  There will be random live well checks but once you sign in you can head to your spot but cannot start fishing till 6:30am.  

5: Weigh in will be at City Park you will need to be within idling distance of weigh by 11:30am or you will be considered late and will be disqualified.

6: All basic tournament rules apply (No trolling, one rod per person in the water etc..).  If you don't follow the rules of the tournament or rules of good sportsmanship you can be disqualified and this will be at the discretion of the tournament director.

7: There is a one lb penalty for all dead fish.

8: Ties will be determined by a flip of a coin.

If there is any questions please feel free to contact me or post here.  

Take Care
H.H.J.

See less See more
#2 ·
Now HHJ.. you KNEW I would be asking a question.. lol :p

Could we post the best links and info for places to launch?

I am taking the time to have Mobilemercman come out and give my boat a good shakedown to make sure I am taking good care of it etc and I also have only fished one time on LA.. that was last year when my boat tried to look for fishes underwater :p

I know where the 360 bridge is, but I am told that Quinlin (?) is closer to me.. but I am more interested in closer to the registration area as well as safety for my vehicle while we are fishing.

Any info would be great!

Thanks!

Russ

#3 ·
Russell,
I don't know where you live but Quinlan Park is at the end of Quinlan Park Road which runs through Steiner Ranch off of 620. It is on the upper end of the lake and is a good boat ramp (and free :)) It is about a 5-10 minute boat ride from there to City Park where the registration is, and if you are not familiar with Lake Austin may be a little more hair raising of a ride in the dark than the ride from 360 to City Park IMO. The ride from 360 to City Park is only about 5 minutes and there are more lit boat docks between City Park and 360 to give you a better idea of the shoreline..., and it will cost you 10 bucks to launch at 360. Both parks are relatively safe...as long as you keep valuables out of sight if you are going to leave anything in your vehicle (at least I have never had a problem with break-in/vandalism at either). Hope that helps...sorry to hijack a question to Charlie but thought I would offer my .02 and I am sure he will add to this what he thinks you might want to know.

Louie

#6 ·
Hey Russell,

The best place to put in would be 360 that is where I will be putting in there as well.

Probably will still be dark when you pull around City Park look for my red nitro and some form of light around the shoreline just as you come around the docks.

Look forward to seeing everyone that can make it I know its a busy weekend for fishing.

Take Care
H.H.J.

#9 ·
hey man just got my boat back out of the shop and $470 later im ready to go fishing again, so ill go in the morning with ya. i assume you still have my PM from the last time we fished, but ill send it over again. call me some time between now and tomorrow morning.

#10 ·
Just FYI..For those thinking about launching at Emma Long Park on Lake Austin, they open at 7am...so you would miss the entry fee time..

Open Daily: 7am - 10pm
(512) 346-1831
$5.00 per vehicle - Monday through Thursday
$8.00 per vehicle - Friday through Sunday and Holidays
$6.00 camping without utilities
$15.00 camping with utilities
$3.00 firewood
$2.00 ice, 8lb. bag

#11 ·
Okay... I had a lot of fun at this thing.. but.. you guessed it.. BOAT trouble hit yet again and we were stuck with only a trolling motor.

Well, it turns out that all it was was a low oil alarm and THAT was due to the tank in the engine having air in it. It took Mobilemercman like 2 minutes to fix, did not even charge me for the visit! Now is that service or what?!?

I also found out my boat will do 60.. Thaaaaaaannnksss.. Jim. .*faints*

The boat is freaking running awesome now, sorry Chitown... I will be out there in 2 weeks to actually FISH the thing!

Let me know if you wanna hit it up again in 2 weeks, Chi.. my treat for not getting to hit it right this time;)

Charles.. thank you VERY much for the tourney, truth be told.. it was just great to get out there ;)

Russ

#13 ·
Yea, I think it is all going to be fine, just had a lot of bad luck with the boat till now. We will see. I still have the thought in my mind that something caused that tank to go low. At least next time I can fix it and go on.

See you in two weeks!

Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.