Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd throw this out there with the idea of I could irritate the bass purists and the fly fishing purists.

I'll be taking my 7 yo and 5 yo to the Guadalupe River for the olders 8th birthday. Plan is to rent a place on the river for a night or two and do some bank fishing. Currently looking at places upstream from where Hwy 306 crosses the river (1st or 2nd time), so zone 1 according to TPWD info.

Looking for advice on tips/lure/bait selections for this area of the river. Can be trout/bass/stripers/etc. Just want the boys to have fun, maybe catch their first trout. Assuming too that we are not keeping, but rather catch and release.

Thanks in advance.
Nick

·
Registered
121 Posts
Throw some light weight rooster tails, natural colors as well as bright/flashy ones. I have also had luck on rainbows and smallmouth using tiny brush hogs, and as always, baby rattlesnakes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a motel on the left side of 306 as you head to the dam that is TU's first stocking place so fishing is good there for the larger fish. Not a good spot for children as you would have to wade, best to go to the dam. Berkley trout bites work well on the stockers as do the small spinners like mentioned above. My favorite lure for the stockers in clear water is a super duper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts