Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I think it's the weather. I believe the bass are deep, 20' +. Hard to fish for us shallow anglers, like me. I plan on giving it a shot on Friday however.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yo Ben & Low.-- Got to fish the shallow rip rap extending to deep water!!! The football jig is gonna get bit @ some point! Maybe the fronts have these fish messed up, but i fished a fresh cold front & tore em up!! All fish in 2-8 feet of water in the desired locations, to include smallies!!! Remember,--- football jig 1/2 oz---yamamoto hula grub in watermellon,---the fish will do the rest. Brian :cool:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey guys, it's really very easy. If you know how to fish a jig, then the football jig is a variant. Be sure to keep good contact with your jig @ all times. If your fishin the football like a carolina rig w/ slack in the line your blowin it!! Tight line @ all times. Slack in the line w/ a jig is paramount to a miss! Fish will hold on to a football for about 3 seconds. If you cant set the hook in that time your gonna miss. A given number of fish will live shallow year round, the rest will go deep. @ G-Town a larger number of fish will stay shallow year round due to the water level. Look for the pics on my previous post and do the math. You'll get on em. Brian :cool:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
51517C53514C4051424557230 said:
Yo Ben & Low.-- Got to fish the shallow rip rap extending to deep water!!! The football jig is gonna get bit @ some point! Maybe the fronts have these fish messed up, but i fished a fresh cold front & tore em up!! All fish in 2-8 feet of water in the desired locations, to include smallies!!! Remember,--- football jig 1/2 oz---yamamoto hula grub in watermellon,---the fish will do the rest. Brian :cool:
Cool info. Thanks! I might have to go up to GT sometime soon. Seems like the nickname The Dead Sea hasn't been applicable in the last few months. Plus, I'm a huge HOYAS fan!!! :) And yes, that has absolutely nothing to do with fishing...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Looks like the wind will be blowing again out there tomorrow. Any ideas on the best places to find protected water when the wind is coming from the South?

Looks to me like Cedar Breaks or any of the south shore coves. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
My boat, not me, caught 2 today, fishing Yamamoto soft plastics. We fished hard for few bites. Water temp 52-54 degrees. Wind was not a factor at all.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Fished GT Friday, too, about 2:30 - 5:45 to try the football jig/hula grub.  Got 3 bites, landed two, one dink in about 5', other went maybe 1.5 in 10' or so in cove/points west of Cedar Breaks. Sure wanted to pick up the dropshot, but stuck w/football to try to learn a new bait for the dead sea so gittin' bit first time was pretty cool (thanks for the tips rr_procraft!). Felt great just being out on such a toasty January day :cool: .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.