Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st cast at 6:02. water was glass. no sign of top activity. reeled in. thought to myself, "this doesnt look good." 2nd cast, blasted! a keeper! not that i kept it, of course...
few casts later and another keeper! i tossed it back into the water, threw my lure out there, and drained my coffee. got blasted again! went to gently set the hook, and pulled it outa its mouth...i had forgotten to loosen the drag...heck...

i use nanofil 17lb dark green line. i set the drag loose enough so that the fish can pull down and hook itself, and i gently give a coupla tugs to make sure the fish is hooked. then i tighten the drag and reel in. only i messed up... a lot of times, if i'm in a hurry, i cast out, then loosen the drag, and start popping/twitching/whatever. it's surprising how many fish get caught not waiting for the ripples to expand out. as soon as the lure hits i start kinda popping it, loosening the drag at the same time if i hadnt loosened it already. this time the lure rested on the water while i drank the coffee, then turned and started working it. oops. later, another fish blasted the lure, flying completely outa the water, that was awesome! except it got off...
anyway, wound up with about 9 hits, 4 hooked, 2 landed. i left around 7:20 and hit recuerdos and got TWO enchilada plates to go. heh heh

oh, and the moon looked pretty dang full again. gotta see what the official time for fullness was.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
turns out it was 3:12 eastern yesterday...sure looked full yesterday morning as well as this morning... aliens messing with us, no doubt...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts