Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greeted by venus and jupiter!
Water Sky Atmosphere Cloud Azure

1st cast 605am, resulting in a big blowup! next cast landed a LM! great start, and it continued for about an hour.

had a buddy show up to 'teach' him the in's and out's of topwater using an sb105.

moved here and there trying to follow the action. other folks were out there as well, so i had to limit where i could go to prevent being called a potlicker! so i fished only half the spots i normally would.

final tally: 20 strikes, 10 hookups, landed 6. all in an hour. from 7 til 8 it was dead, so we split and i hit cedar picnic area for 10min, but the call of the wild burrito was too much, so i left and got one.

my buddy said it was more action than he had the previous 10yrs!

evergreen sb 105....numero uno!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also....the best technique on retrieval is an incredibly slow crank. i mean super slow. and a continuing slight rod twitch to get the sb105 to barely walk back and forth, like about less than 2 inches. that's what works best for me. your mileage may vary, but when my buddy started really slowing down he started getting slammed.
if you think youre slowed down enough, slow it down by half again. just barely want the lure coming fwd, and barely walking, so it looks like it's in its death throes. this technique, developed over 10yrs of exclusive topwater fishing, gets the most reaction. sure, i've caught em going fast, and caught em pausing for a bit, but the absolute best for me is as described above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts