Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dogs woke me up at 1am, and i couldnt get back to sleep for awhile. alarm woke me at 4:20, so i got up and got gone!

wound up about a half hour late. walked down to the hot spot. 5:30 started topwater fishing with the you-know-what. 1st cast blasted and caught. very nice. set alarm for 6:05 again, and the comparison of waiting for the gate to open at 6, compared to arriving early and walking down is, well, no comparison. you gotta be early to catch the most activity, even if it's only 30min early.

wound up with 9 blasts and 2 caught by 6:05. definitely worth the walk, which i'm actually getting used to. just make sure you're firing your glutes on the way up!

did a little moving around within 100yds, finishing with 15 blasts and 4 caught. did throw at the swim bch point, but zero. decided not to waste time throwing the swim bch and the little cove and the ramp; unless ya wanna just practice casting, which i'm already pretty good at. i can put the lure in a 30ft circle with every cast! lol
no, seriously, i'm pretty accurate, mainly cuz i throw directly overhand. which gives directional control. then it's just a matter of distance. learned that from a jerry west article i read at orange coast college in the 70's. he applied the concept to free throw shooting. also, i point the rod right where i want the lure to go, and keep pointing til it hits the water, which helps add a few yards, i think.

did tie on several lures that go under water. you put one of those spinner trebles on and it looks awesome. just wanted to see what they looked like.

oh yeah. i forgot. yesterday at the swim bch i noticed a bunch of those little birds together at the shore line. coupla times they all got up and flew right at me! kinda cool! also, on the way walking back, a deer was standing in the middle of the road near the gate. i reached to take a pic, but it bolted into the woods.

also, jupiter and saturn look like they're getting closer, visually. check it out!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I put in at Jim Hogg at 6:20am. I got 4 blow-ups and one hooked on top. Went back in the cove and got two on TR and one on senko. Had some followers. Saw a guy catch two on what I think was a lipless crank. Little girl with a bobber in her dad’s jon boat seemed to catch more bass than anyone else. Off at 11am.
C25F8870-C2F8-40E4-A925-DC66F3A27844.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts