Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
0537 arrived at gate. it was down. so was the exit gate, where SOME eager beavers liked to sneak in early. gate rose at 0557. while waiting, got this shot, fearful the increasing light was gonna wash everything out if i waited til i got to the rock pile...

Sky Television antenna Telecommunications engineering Radio telescope Antenna

then i grabbed this shot once i parked. the colors were way more intense, but it's a new phone and i barely know how to use it...

Water Sky Cloud Ecoregion Afterglow

fished the rockpile (1st cast strike. 2nd cast hookup) and sandy point (more exciting action). lotta slap-happy fish out there. 1st 20min i had 21 strikes, 5 hookups, landed 3. it was awesome!
total at gt was 29 strikes, 9 hookups, 6 landed in an hour and a half.

did lose a spinner off a treble when a fish swallowed the lure, and i had to grasp the doohickie that holds the spinner on to try to get the hooks out. turned into a mess. fish started bleeding. put it back in the water, and it swam away vigorously, and i thought he'd make it. saw him floating after awhile. made me sad.

so, i tied on an azuma topwater i had purchased at tackle warehouse, where the salesman also showed me the evergreen sb105, which was $18.99! didnt throw it for a year cuz i was afraid of losing it! the azuma performed admirably, but it doesnt spit water in front of it on the retrieve, which is something the 105 & 77 do. it attracts fish. azuma walks super easy, and it had a spinner treble on the back i had added. just wanted to throw something different. azuma is great! was my favorite! bought 3 while at tackle warehouse that visit. but the 105 & 77 are superior on a lake. i had an erie feeling that would be the case.

got some mexican food.
ate too mucho.

decided to work some of it off by hitting PF for an hour. azuma still on. had 6 strikes, 2 pulldowns, none landed. exciting enough! in fact, i'll probably hit PF tomorrow instead of GT, cuz GT is too crowded on weekends. plus, the area i was hitting came highly recommended by an expert! :)

The expert...

Water Natural landscape Fluid Bedrock Body of water

oh yeah. dont stand on ant piles, or even too close... :(

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the azuma is a typical walking shape. i firmly believe, over ten+ years experience throwing tops 99.99999 percent of the time, that a pencil-style topwater is the better design. the pencil walks, of course, but also spits better. of the pencils i've tried, the sb105 is #1, with the 77 second in a photo finish. the 105 casts a lot farther.
plenty of other great, less expensive options out there, but...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts