Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st cast at 545am. not quite the same activity as yesterday. but still a very good 3hrs...wind really blowin'...sb77 would only go about 40ft...
nothing for the 1st 20min or so, then i remembered; get in the water at least up to your ankles if you wanna catch 'em!

it worked.

by 645 i was sitting at 15 attacks, 8 hookups, 5 landed.

including these 2, who hit the sb77. only the 3rd or 4th time that's happened!
Penguin Fin Fish Beak Tail

my buddy, lee, showed up, and he's all over the topwater technique. "it's very interesting," was his take.
yeah, i'll say. he caught 3 that i know of. he was throwing a yo zuri topwater. we were talking about what's so incredible about topwater, and we agree it's the anticipation of an explosion on every cast, unlike just sitting there soaking a worm.
you start walking the lure back, and you cant take your eye off it cuz you dont wanna miss the explosion of a bass coming outa the water.

and the double on the 77 happened again! i got 'em to the water's edge, waiting for lee to race over cuz he wanted a pic, but one of 'em got off. that was incredible!

around 8 i decided to try another area of the lake. had 3 strikes and landed one, casting over the big brushpile in front of the little cove on the other side of the ramp bathrooms. woulda stayed longer but a couple was trying to back outa the parking area with a big camper, and i wanted to help or move my truck.

then i hit cedar picnic, but the wind was too mucho, so i split...

final tally: 20 strikes, 17 hooked, 9 landed...
all because i got in the water...lol

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also: i did tie on a topwater from a company called Ark. nice lure, but like all the rest, waaaay behind evergreen sb105 and sb77. those 2 will spit water so much easier, with little effort, and both walk the dog like they were lassie...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ark (largest)
Product Fishing bait Hook Handle Metal

The cheeks on the 77 and 105 splash water far more effectively to create surface attention...they also walk best. Evergreen has the best Topwater! And priced accordingly! Even so, you can't find these in clear. That's how popular they are!

Jewellery Wood Wire Sewing Metal

Hard to see the cheeks since they're clear, but they work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts