Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, i did find a pair of glasses, lol...
went straight to the hot spot. weather was identical to the last two mornings; meaning, the predicted rain held off. golman and i threw nothing but topwaters, and the action was pretty dang hot for an hour . i had 34 strikes, with 8 caught. they were getting their feed on, cuz several tried to swallow the lure; making it difficult to remove.

the schooling was sparse compared to yesterday, but we managed to pick off a few on the edges. it was a blast!

i later hit cedar breaks to get more casting in. s'posed to rain a bunch tomorrow, and i wanted to throw a yo zuri with a prop. did get hit once, but kinda boring having it come straight instead of walking the dog. i gotta throw a clear spook. and it's gotta be clear! and it's gotta be the evergreen sb 105!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I saw the title and thought, another pair of sunglasses. LOL
Glad to hear your whackin’ ‘em good. I like my lures with a coat of paint.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i watch most fishing shows, and when they have a camera underwater, looking up at a top lure, most all painted lures show up as a black silhouette, which sorta negates the fancy paint job that attracted US at the store, lol. when i'm throwing a clear, you can see the flash and sparkle as the sunlight penetrates into the interior of the lure, bouncing light all around and out. it's really noticeable. my numbers went nuts when i went to the clear. right now i find the sb 105 and azuma z dog have the most flash, and create more numerous strikes and hookups. it's pretty amazing! i usually try other finishes during the morning, (cuz i get in a store, see a fancy lure, and think it'll be the ONE) but as soon as i tie the 105 on, or back on, the action picks up dramatically. since all i throw is topwater, i'm always willing to try something else (that's how i discovered yo zuri, then azuma, then 105). the 105 is a real performer. and why it's $15-18 bucks! lol

i should make you a deal on my painted top lures!

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's it I am going clear. Next lure shopping day, I'm getting some sort of clear top water. Had some luck with some clear jerk baits a few weeks back, but of course I have not thrown them since. Good post. - JT

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got skimmer, yo zuri, and heddon in clear. half price. like, $3 or 4 each. i'm just never gonna use 'em. i gotta throw an $18 lure, lol...

·
Registered
59 Posts
If I ever get up to Lake Georgetown I will bring cash. Unfortunately, I don't find myself in that area very often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts