Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started out at 6am...coupla casts at the russell ramp (cedar has been dead...) and a couple at sweet spot 50yds away...nothing happening, plus i was excited to get to my honey hole, so i wasted no time getting to it. tomorrow i wont even throw til i get to the hottest of spots, unless the bite is going nuts...

for an hour it was really happening! similar to bastrop when the schoolin' is on. it was in just one area that i could see, and i just happened to be standing there! sheer delight to ANY fisherman! cast out, walk the dog, get crushed! and weren't just slapping, like usual; they were eatin'! had 20 blow ups, landing 8, including 2 on the same retrieve! one got off just as i was taking a pic. that was from 6:05 til 7:05. then it died out. reel excitement! threw the sb 105 the whole time. if you get one of these (in clear) get a vmc sureset on the tail. really helps with hook ups.

did get 4 other blowups as i was walking around. then discovered i had lost my pliers, which are the same color as the ground. will look again tomorrow. they were kinda old, but it'd be nice to get em back.

found no sunglasses.

saw robt out there, and we had a nice chat at the ramp. always great to see another ABFer!

i hope the weather holds up in the morning. gonna hit the spot again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will be heading out to russell ramp for the first time in the morning, hope to see you out there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts