Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my usual start at around 9:45. I was the second to launch at Cedar Breaks. The first guys were already on the trailer with a motor that wouldn't start. Mine started right up. My problem with the warning horn is solved but I may do a separate post on that. Knew the wind would be an issue so planned to power fish. Threw an A-rig for 45 minutes, then a DT-6, and a hard jerk bait. Tried a wacky senko a while. Not a sniff on anything. I didn't start with the finesse stuff because of the wind. At around 12:15 went to a semi-protected bank and got out the Armor Shad. Caught one right away. A couple minutes later the first gusts of the north wind were felt. However I caught 3 more while spot locked on that point. Moved a little and caught another. Tried to fish protected banks so I wouldn't have a big bow in my line. Went back to that point later and caught another. Fished a semi-protected stretch and caught some more. Ended up with 9 again. All on the Damiki Armor Shad on a 1/8 oz. jig head. After lunch at around 1:00 I decided to go down the lake to a bank where I caught some last time. As I got there the lake suddenly got rough...I looked over and there was about a 35' wake boat making 4' waves. I left before the new ones got to me. Those sideways waves tend to make this old man lose his balance on the front deck. I lean on a stand up seat. Jet skis were there all afternoon doing all their tricks and high speed runs. Saw a paddle boarder with no shirt and only board shorts. Kayakers of course. Pontoon boats yes and two were launching when I got to the ramp at around 3:20. Water was 56º-57º. On another non-fishing note, I was blessed with my first dose of the vaccine yesterday.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I’m still pumping Unicorn blood hopefully. It’s been nearly 10 months since I recovered from ‘Rona.

My parents got their first shots last week. My wife (who’s also recovered) got her first shot last week. I’ll get mine whenever the pharmacies start giving them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts