Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
started at cedar picnic area. i park near the bathrooms and carefully make my way down to the water; the lake water. not the toilet water.

a crescent moon and venus made for quite the sight! i think i prefer the reflection shot. it's a better composition.

20201112_061934.jpg

20201112_061940.jpg

anyway, that little point coming out of the cove is ideal, and with lake levels down, the shelves that are normally underwater are now way outa the water, and make for xlnt casting platforms.
20201112_070157.jpg

i threw the yo zuri cuz it's like a topwater if you just pop it and/or retrieve it slowly. if you add speed it will hit 12", so it's quite versatile. had 3 blowups, catching a 1-pounder. all within 1st 15min. you gotta get there early. topwater action within bank casting distance doesnt last long most of the time. out in the middle it's pretty active til around 10. at 7am i tied the sb105 on just cuz i like walking the dog...
20201112_124656.jpg

the urn and flowers were still there. that was kind of nice to see that people hadnt messed with it.
20201112_073411.jpg

i have never used a casting net.
20201112_075738.jpg

i salute all military, especially usmc. we were at cherry point, nc where my girlfriend was the general's daughter! and i discovered i could play harmonica. and played in bands.
20201112_080943.jpg

after 8am i decided to hit russell park. the wind had picked up, which had me casting directly into it, which can cause wind knots, which i somehow managed to avoid. the low water is more noticeable at russell, exposing footwear, unusual rock formations, and a stranded buoy.
20201112_094521.jpg

i kept eyeballing a point across the way, and decided to see if it was accessible. so drove back to the cedar hiking trail lot, and hiked the trail; a horrible experience filled with rocks and tripping on them. never made the water. i think i could get to the point by hiking left of the cedar ramp and making my way around. probably wont do that tho...too old...treacherous footing...but scouting different areas is kinda fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was a real struggle getting this mess posted! i take pics with phone, but cant stand typing on the phone. so i type on laptop first, then save. i go to my phone, get on the thread, and insert pics. but it was an ordeal today for some reason. gonna hit cedar picnic tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts