Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weather indicated a window of opportunity til about 8, which turned out to be 11...
1st cast 655am. actually hooked a fish at 755! while taking my backpack off, the fish got off, but what a relief to hook one after many weeks...had to slooooooowwwww down the retrieve, just like that other bill (dance) said on his show.in fact, he said go slower, even if you think yer going slow already.

around 930 i hit the mex place and made the new waitress the same bet. i guessed 'fabiola' again, but her name was marcela. heck.

after pigging out i hit russell park over by the bathrooms, then down the ramp. zero. i wish they'd open the swim beach parking lot. it's a long walk with a chance of rain. dont wanna get stuck walking in the wet stuff.

the stuff you find...

·
Registered
206 Posts
My A.D.D. makes it SUPER hard to slow down that much. However, the big girl from December 2019 came after I cast out, let it fall while me and Casey BS'ed about life. After maybe 3 or 4 minutes I decided to reel up and felt the rock that my bait was hung on, until the rod bent over! So I suppose there may be something to this whole "slow it down" thing...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Congrats Bill. All that practice is starting to pay off. And, as with everyone else, going slow is not my strong suit either.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG! the ADHD is strong in me, lol...
slowing down has never been a part of my existence...but if i knew the water temp was 52, i wouldve worked harder on slowing the retrieve waaaay down...maybe...
BTW, discount tackle is really blowing stuff out. just placed my 2nd order in 3 days, lol...

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these are a few coming to my tackle box...probably use these when i get on my boat and in deeper water...

Rapala Rippin Rap Lipless Crankbaits

um...probably wont use most of these more than once, but they looked so purty...lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts