Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st cast at 720am...nothing...really...nothing. Coupla guys show up with gas powered racing boats and proceed to run all over the area. These are fishermen doing this when there's another fisherman fishing right there. One boat ran right over my line! I was about to start shooting, but it was a damp cold and I was ready to leave anyway...i had chatted with them briefly before they had started racing and they were nice guys, but then they went dumb...yeah, let's ruin the fishing...

Water is rising and should get higher with several days of rain coming...still, I'm broken hearted I didn't catch anything...

Did find these...

Kept the knife. Needs sharpening...

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you will go up the lake from Cedar Breaks, on that side of the lake, I saw 2 or 3 lures ( cranks ) on the rocks on Friday afternoon, little too windy to try to get them from the boat.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, let me add to the millions of lures i already have, lol... i HAVE been adding the vmc spinner trebles to all my lures...some get one, many get 2. and vmc is coming out with size 3 and 5 this week.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dang, well now that you go there I will have to post my new toy I got for my birthday as well (okay I bought it for myself) - Damascus steel and all...

·
Registered
345 Posts
That is a handsome knife right there.

I have plenty of top tier mass produced blades but I don't have anything truly custom, yet. My wife's best friends husband is an actual full time blacksmith and part time bladesmith. I have been talking to him for years about making me a custom blade with either Damascus or san mai.

Looking at your beauty I just might have to reach out to him soon and actually get that ball started.

·
Super Moderator
2,022 Posts
I like y’all’s knives. I carry the pen knife and mini-paraframe (x2) on every fishing trip. The fillet/bait knife rides along on all non-black bass fishing trips.
591E6AEA-6825-4D3E-A0EA-3F9AED4416CF.jpeg

·
Registered
233 Posts
My faves are 2 that I found in the Guad, by Rio Raft. A stainless Camillus, and I forget what the other one is, big, and when I looked it up online it was $140 ( 4 years ago ). Makes me wonder what kind of drunk ******* needs his knife on the toob trip? I mean, I always leave my knife in the RV when I go toobin'. Those are some find looking blades, Jeremy's makes me wonder if KVD is going the route of Duck Commander? lol...keep catching!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts