Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased two revo sx from www.reedssports.com and was given an awesome deal! I like to support local shops whenever possible but this I could not pass up. I got two revo sx for 249 shipped! Normally in store you pay 150.00 plus tax which can come out to 162.00 each. These guys are out in Minnesota and have a decent selection on reels and electronics, not too much in regard to tackle, you know up north its nothing but walleye and pikes!

Anyways thought I would share the info. I received the reels they are new, not refurbished and in perfect condition, well packed and here in 4 days.

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Velarde, I took your advise, purchased a Abu-Garcia "Record" from Reeds Sports. Their price = 129.95, + a 13.00 automatic credit, total price $116.95, no tax and free shipping. Everyone around central Texas wanted $139.95 + tax which would jump it up to around 149.00. I received it in about 3 days. Thanks for sharing the info, I enjoy getting a good deal.
rwnitro

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah appreciate the comment, I hate suggesting online stores but the service,price and condition of the items I bought were excellent, I dare anyone find a better price on reels and electronics for that matter, Im getting ready to look at a spinning reel, any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Velarde, I have two I am very satisfied with. The Quantum 40PTi, 10 bearings, about 130.00 price range. I got the 40 model because it had a larger line capacity than the 30 model. The Shimano Stradic 5000, 159.00 at Sportsmens Warehouse. I got the Shimano mainly for saltwater, can't remember how many bearings it has but it is silky smooth. I checked various places and it got excellent reviews. I got the 5000 model because of larger line capacity and the 6000 model weighed 7.1 ounces more. Most stores (SW included) did not carry the 5000 model, they had to get it from one of their other stores. I actually bought two of them, one for me and one for a gift. It would make an excellent bass reel, it works well on stripers and redfish. My brother-in-law used it to catch a 6lb hybrid and it did just fine. I have not checked their prices at Reeds Sports.
Good luck,
rwnitro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.