Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for the VA, and since the furlough is on, I was spurred to sell my Pelican. I decked this out about a year ago. Here are the specs:

Pelican 10'3'' Predator $800
Motorguide VariMax 55lb Saltwater Trolling Motor (top of the line) $429
10' Utility Trailer, plus carpeted deck added ($750), will throw in hand crank to load boat free but not installed yet
Two 700Amp Batts (about a year old, $175)
Schumaker Batt Charger ($50)
Lowrance Color Fish Finder Model 4x ($169)

Other mods include:
Raised seat posts for added comfort and less leg fatigue ($50)
PFD seat cushions, keeps you legal and soft on the tush ($25)
Added swivel rod holders (2) ($25)
Trolling motor foot switch, not installed yet but will throw in for free ($15)
Homemade shallow water anchor made from new trolling motor mount and 6' stainless steel tubing ($100 invested)
Battery quick releases
Added 50 AMP circuit Breaker

Other little details I thought would be cool:
All wiring completely concealed or very well managed
Added hinges for oars for those places that don't allow trolling motors
Extra drain plugs in case you want to use the livewell for storage (requires both ends to be plugged for extra dryness)

The bottom line is that I have well over $2600 invested in this set up, and apart from a few cosmetic scratches underneath and one ding on a corner from a rock, it's in awesome condition. It's perfect for pond fishing (like Brushy Creek), or taking out to smaller lakes like Inks and Lady Bird Lake. The 55lbs of thrust is awesome, and the variable speed controls let you take advantage of longer battery life. I opted for the higher end salt water version in case I wanted to do some marsh/inshore fishing, but never had a chance to try it out.

The utility trailer is just that. It has a 10' flat deck, so you can also use it as a handy-man special, to get lumber, firewood, etc. It is rated for 800lbs. I added 3/4'' plywood carpeted deck to be boat friendly, but still retain its usefulness as a utility trailer.

I am hoping to get $1600 for the whole bundle, OBO. I know there is another pelican listed on this site which is priced really well, but this is a more of a bundled, fully equipped version. I am flexible and thanks to Congress, a bit desperate. So any reasonable offer will be considered. I live in the Leander/Cedar Park area, and am willing to deliver if needed. I can even take credit cards through paypal, so that could even be an option (will need to look into it since I have not taken a payment in years). But cash is preferred.

Title is clear and available for both trailer and boat. IM me or respond to this posting if interested.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price reduced

Price reduction for ABF $1400
Added pix to craiglist ad. Will do same here when I figure out how. Will try later today.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well without dipping into the house fund I do have a nice Lincoln 140 Mig welder with tank, cart, gloves and tools as well as an auto dimming helmet. Any interest in a trade plus cash? Remind me again, is this easy enough to push around the yard? I have a side yard but JUST realized that my ultra steep driveway may hinder my parking ability. Maybe I could part it on the top floor of our office parking garage...

UGH I can HEAR the boats on the lake and see it from my office chair :(

thanks. here is the link if anyone wants to see the rest.
Govt Shutdown Special- Pelican 10' Predator, Trailer, Fully Loaded
remember... Any reasonable offer will be considered. I am also going to through in two retractable aluminum oars and some fishing goodies. They don't fit the oar fittings I installed, but they will help row it around waters where you can't troll.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, this poor soul has no need for a welder. The crack I have I was born with, and isn't worth welding.

As for the boat, yes, I haven't had any issues moving the boat and trailer from my driveway around to the back yard. The boat itself is quite light. However, if you have it fully loaded (motor, batts, gear, etc.) then it's still manageable solo, but needs a little more muscle. If you were going to move it around a lot by hand, a trailer dolly would do nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts