Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Decker this morning. Got on the water at 7:00 and off water at 12:30.
First 4 casts this morning on top water were hook ups with 1.5 to 2# LMB. Wound up with about 7 on top water. Switched to plastic worm TR along the reeds and cought another 5 fish about the same size.
Had a good day on the water. Only downfall was that my GPS/Fishfinder at the consol went out. But, I guess they don't last forever. Time to upgrade...LOL...

Emmett

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Emmett

Good to know that Decker is producing some fish again. I haven't been out there in nearly 2 months but I haven't felt too bad since the water started to get really hot so I knew I wasn't missing anything. What were the water temps like? I'm hoping to get out there in the next week or so.

FYI .... there's a triathlon next Sunday so anyone thinking of going to Decker might want to avoid Sunday morning.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Emmet,

Good day for 5 1/2 hrs on Decker.  Hopefully the lake is turning around as it gets cooler. I've stayed away all summer, maybe it's time to give it a try again.

Where were the top waters hitting, the dam or the reeds?

Nitro 700

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The water temp was 77 deg. in the first cove on the other side of the damm.
The reed line between the damm and that cove is where the top water bite was so good.
As the water gets cooler the bite is going to get better out there I think. All the fish were fighters, they thought they were 10# fish....
I am going to try and get out there either Monday or Tuesday Morning again.
Oh Yea, Decker will be closed on Oct. 5 (Sunday).

Emmett

·
Registered
111 Posts
We went out to decker Satruday also, got there at noon and stayed till 4.  Not the best time to fish but we did Ok.  My first fish was the 7 pounder shown below caught on a shakey head worm.  We fished the shakey head the rest of the day and caught about 6 keepers and a few dinks.  Most of the keeper fish were about 15 inches and were ranging in depth form 20 feet to 5 feet deep along the rip rap on the dam.  My girlfriends 11 year daughter caught her first bass too.  Good 4 hours on the lake.  

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not today though. I went out again this morning, I cought 2 LMBs , nice 2# fish but I sure had to work for them... I am sure next trip will be much better. I am going to try and get out again either Wednesday or Thursday.
Of course the one really nice thing about this morning was there were only 4 boats on the water. I was the second, the gate was open when I got there at 0630.
Oh well, next time I will catch them all.....LOL...

Emmett

·
Registered
918 Posts
Way to go guys! That's a very nice 7# pig Brent. Looks like you did good the other day too Emmett.

One of these days Emmett we're gonna get a chance to get together when BOTH of us are healthy enough to go.

Man i'm dying to get my worm wet! :eek:

RG

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RG, You are right about that, but we both have to be feeling good enough to be on the water fishing at the same time...LOL
When ever you are feeling up to it let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.