Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a fun afternoon on LA... The fish were obviously hungry! I started near Steiner and caught a couple small bed fish on the only little slick spot I could find. I heard a splash and looked up to find these two keeper bass locked up and floating... The bigger one had it's mouth stretched as far as it would go, and the fish it tried to eat was almost the same size. 16" bass pattern swimbait anyone?

Here's the video:

From there, I decided to give up on the sight fishing and get in the wind. This 11.75lb mama blew up on my glide bait in about 8'. She was 27.5" long with a 19" girth. This was my PB blind casting bass. The TTZ hat came through with the luck today!!

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
I saw two fish get locked up like that on Bastrop one time, they were schoolies and they both went after the same bait at the same time and got stuck like that. I wonder if that is what happened here or that fish actually was just that hungry.

·
Registered
629 Posts
aint seen something that crazy since ol FrankG caught the perch with a damn snake eating it.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Awesome fish Kyle and thanks for wearing the hat even though it hides that notorious mane!

Was gonna go out tomorrow and spend all day looking but after seeing this might have to find an excuse to break in my new 7'11" Swimbait/Umbrella Rig Special from Power Tackle, only problem is I don't own a swimbait large enough for that rod!

Congrats again man, that fish is a beast!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts