Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Decker for some striper fishing (Mar 21), and there were many, many bouys all along on half of the channel going from the launch ramp area all the way up to the power station. I lost one of my rigs on the netting. How long do these surveys go on?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yup, it's the rowing invitational. There were small signs near the ramp. I was out there on Sunday and they were putting the markers out. I don't know that I've ever seen a gill net survey at Decker just electrofishing.

·
Registered
855 Posts
There aren't striper in decker either.
I thought I had caught my first striper this weekend, but was told by my buddy SuperSpookJr. that they were "hybrids, aka palmetto bass aka yellow bass."

Not my target species, but it was fun to chase the boils from my pedal kayak on Decker. Got four bites, but only hooked up with this 4.5 pounder.

IMG_1647.JPG

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
"hybrids, aka palmetto bass aka yellow bass."
They are hard to resist chasing around when they show up! Just FYI... "yellow bass" are not quite the same thing. Yellow Bass are their own species. Similar to a White Bass, but they are generally even smaller than White Bass and have more of a yellowish coloration to them. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I thought I had caught my first striper this weekend, but was told by my buddy SuperSpookJr. that they were "hybrids, aka palmetto bass aka yellow bass."

Not my target species, but it was fun to chase the boils from my pedal kayak on Decker. Got four bites, but only hooked up with this 4.5 pounder.

View attachment 30890
Yep, Decker is stocked with hybrids by TPWD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts