Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The fishing was slow and the weather was hot on Gibbons both Monday and Tuesday. Only a few LMB's (biggest 3.5 lbs) and a yellow cat of eatin' size. And I broke my skeg on a piece of unmarked shallow structure :mad:.

But there was a moment of fun for my buddy Carla J., an excellent stick herself, when she landed this 10+ lb. football.

Carla1small.jpg Carla2smallest.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Dang, that's a toad! Nice catch. I really enjoyed Gibbons Creek when I fished it for KATS earlier this year. About died from heat exhaustion, though.

- SSJr.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carla and her husband rent a space for a month each year and park their RV. They have a pontoon boat, and I brought my Skeeter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Carla and her husband rent a space for a month each year and park their RV. They have a pontoon boat, and I brought my Skeeter.
Thanks. I miss fishing the lake in the middle of the week and have thought about camping out there to get access during the week.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was looking at the Gibbons Creek website and is says the lake is closed Monday thru Thursday, is that true?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking at the Gibbons Creek website and is says the lake is closed Monday thru Thursday, is that true?
The lake is closed to the public on those days, except for those folk who rent a spot in the campground area, which Carla and her husband do. And this means that the lake is usually unoccupied on weekdays.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts