Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First cast at 9:38 in the slick calm. Fished a usually productive stretch for two small fish. I saw several fish probably still spawning but a cast in their direction yielded nothing. Next area I think I caught another small fish before I got run off by a wake boat. It was in maximum wake with someone surfing behind so I quickly made an exit from the area to avoid the major wake. I started in another spot at least 1/2 mile away and his swells made me get off the front deck twice. A slight breeze had picked up and so was the catching. So one here and there the rest of the day. Must admit caught mostly small fish. They were right up on the bank. The fish in the photo was the biggest bass I caught. It came from that tree. I pitched the bait next to the tree, let it sink and the fish swam out with it. The biggest fish I caught was a huge carp. It sucked in the jerk bait just like the one at Belton did. All I could see was the jighead sticking out of it's mouth. Fought that fish a long time. I don't have a better photo. Clicked 26 by the time I quit at 1:40. Water temp was 75º. The Baby Z Too rigged on an 1/8 oz weedless ball head was best.
Plant Grass Fruit Food Natural foods

Water Sky Vertebrate Plant Lake

Water Sky Plant Lake Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
One of the longest fish fights I experienced was a buffalo that ate a curly tail jig while white bass fishing at The Steps. I cannot imagine foul hooking a large rough fish in its mouth, it doesn’t make sense to me. That fish is trying to eat your lure and my lure, for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts