1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
How does this tournament work?

Do you go by the TPWD rules?

Where you weigh in the following?
TPWD:
The exception is a 14 - 18 inch slot limit for largemouth bass. Bass 14 inches and less or 18 inches and greater can be retained. The daily bag limit for all four species of black bass is 5 in combination

Might have to try next Thursday...Great fun with a bunch of fishermen. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
we follow TPWD rules but yes gtown is a slot lake the winning team had three overs and two unders. weigh in is at Cedar Breaks park with first cast at 530 and you must be inside the bouys at the park by 915. Ronnie and Eddie Maynord run the tourny they are allways at the ramp for sign up usually around 500. It is alot of fun with alot of good guys, it is 30 dollars per team with 5 going to big bass. the key to gtown is that you have to remember it is 18 feet low so it gets a little crowded will try to post pictures when my wife gets home

·
Registered
724 Posts
This is a weekly tournament. The team that caught the winning stringer would not appreciate someone giving away their baits. But I can tell you that is was on a variety of baits though and not one in particular. Plastics are popular on Georgetown as are other baits.
It is a fun tournament with some good competition. I have done well in the past and fish mostly the same baits as Alan. Thursday was bad for me, the worst I have ever done on Georgetown. I didn't get a bite and left an hour early. This lake can be tuff.

Congrats again Alan and Garrett, I will see you next week!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.