Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Would love to but have to clean house and mow 2 yards tomorrow then hanging out with kids while wife does taxes. I will email boss about me leaving work early on 12th. Really laid back and well run tournament.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Are all the boat ramps open on G-Town

·
Registered
285 Posts
All 3 ramps had boats launching on Tuesday 3/13. Docks were just out of the water at Jim Hogg. With the slot limit, do they weigh in 14" OR less & 18" OR over, or only under 14" and over 18"? - I was a little curious about that exact rule on the slot as I saw conflicting information the other day.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Chris, I think so. If you want to out sometime let me know I live right close to the lake.
Sounds good Gary, I haven't been on G-town in 6 months or so. I like going there becuase its easy & not many ski boats.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I believe the slot for tournament is 12" to 14" and then over 18". Anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
All 3 ramps had boats launching on Tuesday 3/13. Docks were just out of the water at Jim Hogg. With the slot limit, do they weigh in 14" OR less & 18" OR over, or only under 14" and over 18"? - I was a little curious about that exact rule on the slot as I saw conflicting information the other day.
The slot is 12 to 14" and anything over 18". You can weigh in as many as 5 over 18" if you catch them which is different than alot of slot lakes.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Sounds good Gary, I haven't been on G-town in 6 months or so. I like going there becuase its easy & not many ski boats.
Let me know when you want to go. Last year before the water dropped we were doing pretty good I have only been once this year and Cody put it on me good as he had 3 and me 0. Damn back seaters!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
i'm gonna try again tomorrow early...
yard looks great, tho... :(
did make an academy run while dropping shirts off at clnrs and getting some juevos rancheros con guacamole and coffee...picked up 2 of those super shallow cranks i like for $1.88, and a rain poncho for $3.99, as my cheap one blew out of the cooler the other day... now playing chess online and watching fishing shows...southwest outdoors report is back, w/ julie dobbs and some guy named barry who steals all of julie's airtime...she's lovely...he's not! lol great show.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I fished G-Town today for the first time in a long time. The wind sucked bad, I had nothing for a while. Almost gave up, started drinking beer & did some scanning. Well I found myself in a descent spot so I decided to throw a spinnerbait. Third cast I boated a 6.8 lber in about 10 fow. That was the only bite I had all day.

·
Registered
178 Posts
CSHogan nice catch. Great lake to fish. You must have been backseat for Gary. He will put you on some nice fish:)
I was all by myself today

·
Registered
178 Posts
where'd you catch it? if the wind's not too bad i plan being there before sunrise at russell park.
Dude I wish I could tell you the exact spot. But, I had had a few beers before I caught it & now ive had a lot more. It was to the left of Cedar Breaks Parks on that same side just before you get to the river

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yep thats Gtown for ya. You work hard on fishing and get little in return and then she gives up a nice fish so you keep coming back.
Congats!

41 - 60 of 93 Posts