Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well hell...one thing is for sure...you are damn persistent. I went on Sunday and caught one that was around 2lbs, my boss caught 3 babies. Had a wakeboard boat coming damn close, I almost felt like I was on LA except for the not catching anything. :)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
And they say nothing lives up to it's name, (the dead sea).

·
Registered
692 Posts
There is the understatement of the year! Lol. But that was certainly the point is how shallow it is to save you time. Plus, I'm familiar with your posts and know you know how GT is perceived to be the dead sea, so I felt a sarcastic comment would fit in nicely. (thx to Neil for proving that before I could type on this iPad)

Obviously, if you can catch fish at Georgetown then id love to backseat to see how it's done. And fishing for that many days straight, if I could get outta work I'd be at LA, Fayetteville, Falcon, the coast, etc....Regardless, I like the commitment. Wish people at work had that. Show that picky MF of a lake whats up, punk ass lake. Make me wanna punch GT right in the face.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
James, what time is weigh-in. I am thinking about bringing my little one out to check out the fish you all catch.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Not 100% sure its even going on but traditionally it's at 9:15 at cedar breaks. I don't have Ronnies number to confirm it's on but I've never seen it not.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I agree it is the dead sea, all of you stay away. James, keep us posted as to when the T start out there if you don't mind.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Spoke with dale read just now and he said Ronnie said it's happening tonight for sure. Check in starts at 5pm and fishing time is 530-915.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
When we used to fish GT regulary, when we exited 35 at 2338 and as we turned left headin to GT, we wondered if anyone around us was asking themselves, "why ain't they turning right?"

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
well...fished all over that dam lake and threw everything, as usual. did have 3 hits.
after 5 hours went back to russell and threw while waiting for kayakers to unload. snagged one in the back! of course! felt a tug, a tug, then nothing as i thought it got off...but there it was, lipless crank draped over its back like ahab on moby.
what a relief!
that texaco station sure makes a mean beef fajita breakfast taco! gonna try again tomorrow!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Might not sound like much for a win, but wow those were some quality fish pulled up. I made it to the weigh in with my daughter. She wanted to see more fish, so all of u that missed this one come on up and fish next Thursday so she can see more fish:)

21 - 40 of 93 Posts