Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the spawn staus? anybody been up the river at all, like where it makes that 90 degree turn to the right and starts getting shallow? i'm gonna be on the water late morning and going till i don't know when...
tuesday i should be there at 6am or so...
wednesday early again...
thursday: don't know yet...

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I fished GT last week, and thought about going upriver,but reconsidered. The lake is around 13' low, I doubt if you can get to where you are refering to in a boat.

Let us know how you do.....

Lowell

·
Registered
692 Posts
Walked a couple miles to the corner from tejas where I've seen the boats come up in the past. I'd say it needs 4-5 more feet to really be worth it. There were people catching small whites at the boulders on minnows, nothin on artificial. Until then better off drivin to granger, fish are a lot bigger on average in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Fish slow...Only got one today. First time for me to really bring the pain and know what the heck I was doing. Felt good. Caught him on green 7" worm in 4ft of water by trees. Nothing on spinners or squarebills. Blue skys ugggg

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
George town all week? Is this a self imposed penalty or punishment?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Bill I would love to cough cough call in sick and make it out there, but busy zapping people here. Good luck out there today and this week. I was so tempted to visit your cove, but leaving those fish for you. Basstrack we are some of the Gtown diehards. They say if you can catch fish in Gtown you can catch them anywhere. Self imposed penalty and punishment. YEEEEPPPPPPP

If you fish for carp they were all over the surface in coves right next to trees.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm determined to continue torturing myself on gtown...
corey, you look like yer coming down w/ something...
well, battery's charged, i think. headin' out!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on the water around 1....brisket sandwiche from duke's...yeah...
went around the swim beach and hit that area corey and i scouted w/ the side scan...got a nice -sized dark bass that spit the bit at the boat...came leaping outa the water completely...went over by the dam...damn...nothing... getting late...over in the mini cove between swim bch and ramp...throwing a rap twitch in clown...kept getting hit....caught a juvenile...
good day...
tomorrow before sun up...

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Everything is so different out there now. Have fun this week. That big one is waiting for you.

Oh yeah. Thanks it's 11pm and now I'm hungry for dukes BBQ

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well....really wasn't finding much on the finder. went upriver a bit and there was a lot of feeding going on as the bass forced the baitfish against the bank and had their way with them. very interesting as both sides of the bank were seeing a ton of action. threw a swim bait into several scrums but couldn't get a bite. but it was a cool thing of nature to see!
gonna try it again tomorrow very early...combo burrito from that mex place and a big coffee. it's just before the texaco.

·
Registered
692 Posts
This thread is kind of like watching a car wreck and not being able to stop it. Totally not trying to pick on you, but along the lines of what bass track was saying. I'm sure I wouldn't do any better, but man...it is painful seeing this play out.

I guess I could try the same thing if I want to see how many days I can get skunked before losing my dam mind.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes, it was nice on the water. moved upriver to see how my favorite spot looked...it was bizarre! looked unreal! couldn't get around corner to where the 90 degree turn is...a wall of reeds way over my head...strange...
no, i am not outa my dam mind. i fished over there, too!
oh well...a good breakfast and i'll be humpin' and bumpin' till noon.
gtown ain't ez...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts