Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light rain and clouds when I started fishing at 9:30. Started with a Whopper Plopper and caught one on it. The rain didn't last long. Rotated through 2.8 swimbait, wacky senko, dropshot, and Ned rig for quite a while for no bites. Lots of nips and grabs that didn't feel like bluegill..probably small bass. Just weren't eating the bait. Got the Money Minnow out and caught a nice one out of a tree on a steep main lake bank right away. Soon caught another on it and I was sure this was a pattern. It was not. I fished it for a long time because I was getting nips and grabs regularly. On another tree I saw a decent fish come out and get excited but no take. On a submerged boulder it drew four or five small fish and another decent one. They swarmed around it and swam right up to it but no take. A couple surface feeds happened close enough for me to throw the swimbait at them and I hooked up with a small bass. I kept throwing on the lake side of the boat and caught another. So concluded that the surface feeding I've been seeing are bass. The shad they are chasing are about 1" long. I backed off the bank with the boat in 25-30 FOW. The last two fish came on a 2.8 swimbait in Bluegill color so I kept throwing that and covering water. I caught one here and there. Caught a couple more that surfaced close to the boat. It was a grind but I ended up with 18 by the time I quit at 3:20. Lots of small fish but some decent ones mixed in so was happy with the results. Surface temp was 81º-82º.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts