Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slept in till 8:15 (fishing sometimes wears out an old man). Had two cups of coffee and breakfast. Glanced at the weather and saw the same as yesterday. 24% and the future radar showed nothing. It was so late when I saw that but I went to GT anyway. First cast not until 11:45. Knew right away the bite was slower than yesterday. Rotated a 2.8 on 3/16 weedless head, Baby Z Too on a 1/16 oz. weedless head, and the Super Fluke Jr. nose-hooked with no weight. Took quite a while to get the first bite on the Baby Z. Just slow worming it. Caught two on the Fluke, the rest on the Baby Z. I’m usually all about using my home made weedless ball heads but as fishermen we are always looking for something better. In one of my inspections of Tackle Warehouse terminal tackle I found the head shown below. It’s a Decoy Decibo ⅛ oz with 1/0 hook. I intended to use it in grass but I used it today. Tends to come through wood better than the ball head. The Baby Z is so resilient. I caught every fish yesterday on the same one and every fish today on the same one! Will use it again next time! Clicked 14 by the time I quit at around 3:30. They ran small today but I appreciate every bite. Could not get bit on the 2.8. Not a single wake boat, ski boat, or jet ski! Water was 86º. Last chance for me to fish for a while. Doing a road trip to visit family.
Fish Wood Tail Grass Soil

Feather Natural material Quill Wood Soil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts