Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was another windy night on Georgetown and a great turnout! There were 26 teams with $765 paid out. The teams in the money are as follows:

1st place - Nick and Mike with 12.6lbs including 3 fish over 18". $260 (awesome catch)

2nd place and big bass - Alan with 10.1 lbs including a 7.8 lb kicker. $401 (Fishing Solo)

3rd place - Bones and Kurt with 8.6 lbs including a 4.5 lb kicker. $104 (Father and Son team)

There were 9 fish over 18" brought to the scales, one of them being a smallmouth.

I've got to give props to my buddy Alan. I fished with another friend tonight and he ended up fishing solo after his other partner bailed, sorry buddy. But he still took most of the money home. Congratulations Alan!

Here is a pic of the Big Bass and Happy Fisherman:

I apologize to the other money winners. I didn't have a camera ready to catch their weigh in. I'll try to get everyone next time.

Oh yeah, I didn't catch a keeper. :'( :-[

And don't forget to look for the post about fishing Georgetown this saturday. I'll have it posted soon.

· Registered
43 Posts
Good report Chris. I couldn't make it last night and was wondering how it went. I already had a call today asking about Sat. morn, looking forward to your post.

Congrats Allan, those big ole girls seem to like your stuff.

· Registered
121 Posts
Congrats guys on the good catches! Only thing we managed to find was slot fish or dinks. Jeff saw you were hooked up to the boat yesterday...surprised you did not make it out.

I should be out tomorrow for the A.M. tourney with the kids (Lil' Sister is out of town). I think they would enjoy it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Baker and Jeff. At least it is the right kind of big girls liking my stuff. It was tough to concentrate in the beginning with the wind and heat and no one to talk to while fishing by myself. That turned around quickly when the fishing turned on. It turned out to be a great night and I can't wait to hit GT again tomorrow morning and give it another shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.