Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started fishing at 7:30. Earliest I have been to the lake in years. I usually don't fish the hot months. Caught 2 and had several misses on a Yellow Magic in the boat ramp cove. Went to a usually good channel swing bank and wasn't getting bit on the topwater or the 2.8 swimbait. I switched to dropshot and caught 2 in 2 casts. Rigged her up and we caught most of the fish on that. Some of the last fish we caught were up shallow around boulders. Lighter weight with 4 1/2" Roboworm in MMIII. She caught a couple on the 2.8. Clicked 19 by 11:45. Ate lunch on the water and headed for the ramp. Not as crowded as last time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep detailed logs of each fishing day. In 2019 I got back into fishing after taking a few years off. I fished Belton, Stillhouse, and Georgetown. I fished Belton and Stillhouse in the spring. I didn't fish Georgetown until mid November. I caught 28 my first time on the lake. I was amazed by this because I didn't fish there because of all the "dead sea" reports. My statistics for 2019: Belton 8 trips, 12.5 avg. catch, Stillhouse 12 trips, 12.5 avg. catch, Georgetown 10 trips, 17.3 avg. catch. The Georgetown fish are smaller but still fun, and 8 miles from my driveway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts