Bass Fishing Forum banner

Georgetown 5/25/20 Memorial Day

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  just plain bill 
#1 ·
I woke up at 4:00 am and checked the Fake Weather app for rainfall totals. The folks that brought you the pandemic panic had forecast seven inches. The Colorado watershed got maybe two. Even with that little sprinkle, I figured Lady Bird would be a muddy disaster, so I considered my alternates.

Todd’s report wasn’t encouraging for Bastrop. I didn’t want to bother with a Decker Day Pass. Pflugerville got the ‘rona. So much for my Blackland Prairie mudholes.

My ‘Prowler’s hull has never been moistened by the cool clear aqua of a Highland Reservoir. The San Gabriel watershed got less than an inch of rain. From what I hear, Georgetown could use some stain, anyway. And it’s only a half-hour drive.

At sun-up, I’m backing down the ramp at Jim Hogg. The lake was stock still, so I worked the closest point with the SSJr. I got eight blow-ups before I got one to the boat. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get a white, but I’m happy to be getting largemouth on a new lake.

I trolled along the bank and caught a couple on the Kraken spinnerbait. The north wind was pushing me back out of the cove, so I put the troller to max and headed to the back of the cove, so I could drift back out. When I reached the back of the cove, I realized there would be no leaving. I’d found ‘em.

I caught eight bass on Texas-rigged soft plastics. I had a gar follow the spinnerbait to the boat. I caught a glimpse of a bass boat quietly working the edge of the timber, and I went all the way to the backwater slough. Crowd wise, the total opposite of Lady Bird, back here its just me and the bass. Well, I caught a crappie, too. While the gar and the vultures watched.

I heard thunder and saw dark clouds to the west, so I fished my way out of the cove with the TR. I probably would’ve caught more if I’d heeded Longhorn’s report. Next time, I’m tying on a small swimbait. I broke down the Prowler on the ramp while the Game Wardens recovered their boat. Off at 1pm. Can’t wait to get back.
Fish Bass Fishing Recreation Giant seabass
Fish Bass Fishing Fish Recreation

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.