Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my brother in law fishing saturday morning from 6:30-12:30. We caught a few on topwater early up to 2 lbs on a zara puppy. We moved around and found a few more with a couple over 14" on a shakey head. Then we moved over to a brush pile to look for crappie. We caught a couple of crappie then I picked up my T-rig lizard and caught 10 bass to 21" in less than an hour. At one point I caught a bass 6 cast in a row. Then we managed a couple more crappie and called it a day. The water temp was 77-80. All fish before 9 were in less than 10' and after that we caught them in 15'. My Brother in law usually does much better! ??? Oh well, we had an awesome time.

topwater bite

21" plus

nice slot fish

·
Registered
846 Posts
Those are some good looking fish. And thanks for the good report.
My wife and I are going to hit Georgetown in the morning. I have only fished out there a couple times, a couple years ago. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.
Congrats on the nice day on the water,
Emmett

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fish slow around main lake points, the points with stickups are best. Bluff walls with large rock can also produce. Stick with a shakey head or drop shot for numbers and try t-rig for a bigger bite. Also, if you can locate them, the "Corp" or "Sun City" brush piles can be good....Uh Oh.... gotta go! ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.