Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the 8 mile drive to Cedar Breaks this morning. Little easier to launch and load in the South wind. It was so warm I didn't need anything over my sun shirt. Gotta love Texas!! First cast a little before 10:00. Started my usual rotation and got bit first on the 3.25" Slug-Go. Caught four on that on the first stretch. Had a couple more that came unhooked. Fished that a while longer but started rotating again. Caught two on a 2.8 Keitech. Fished that a while for no more bites so started rotating again. Caught two pretty quick on a chatter bait. Went to the next spot and caught another on the chatter bait. Fished it a long time for no more bites. Changed areas and caught a couple on a 2.8 and 3.3 swim. Next area tried the Slug-Go again and got bit right away. Finished the day with that and caught several more before I quit at 4:15 or so. Looking back the swim bait and chatter bait were best in windy areas and the Slug-Go was best in calm areas. Clicked 16 on the day. Water was 60º-62º. Lake is 16.44' low, pray for a flood. Boat traffic late in the day was ridiculous. The warm afternoon brought them out of the woodwork so to speak. Lots of fishing boats, one jet ski, some pleasure boats, several kayaks, but no wake boats thank goodness.
Water Sky Outdoor recreation Fisherman Plant

· Super Moderator
2,586 Posts
Yes, Indian Summer shortens the wait til spring. Texas’ three season weather has made me a life long resident.

Glad to know I’m not the only one who looks at wind speed and direction to choose a launching spot, albeit for different considerations. Nice pic with the chunk and the shaded drain in the background.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts