Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the five mile drive again. Wasn't planning on going today because of the rain in the forecast but consulted several forecasts this morning and the chances were slight. The weather.com fake radar showed no future rain. Got a late start as usual..had some things to take care of. First cast was at 10:05. Started on one of my favorite stretches. Rotating 2.8 swimbait, 3.3 swimbait, 3" Magic Minnow, and 3.25" Slug-Go. A little aside here. On some of those rainy days I watch a lot of YouTube fishing videos. This past weekend I stumbled upon a Japanese fisherman fishing a little Slug-Go. He said it has been forgotten about in America. Lunker City calls it 3" but it's actually 3.25". I had forgotten about it also. I just happened to have a 16 cavity plaster mold I made in the 80's I'm guessing. My mold says 3.5" but that's not correct. So yesterday I poured some. Another thing I did last weekend was to modify a jig head mold to make 1/16 oz. grass heads. So the Minnow got bit first, then I caught two on the Slug-Go, I had fished a long stretch without a bite so took the swimbaits out of the game. I kept fishing those two the rest of the day. The 1/16 oz. grass head worked great. Maybe better than the 1/8 oz. I didn't keep exact count but the Slug-Go caught a few more. Clicked 20 by the time I quit around 4:40. Only a couple other boats, a few kayaks, and one jet ski. Water was 59º- 60º. 17.01 ft. low. Pray for a flood. Oh, forgot...the fake radar was fake. I had to put on the rainsuit right away but no hard rain.
Sky Cloud Outdoor recreation Body of water Fish

Wood Twig Grass Soil Insect

Wood Rectangle Gas Dishware Cuisine

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
Nice report and pics. I almost picked up a pack of full size sluggos from BPS for nostalgia’s sake. Glad to hear they’re still the hot bait. Once again, you get full props for awesome looking baits, the Magic Minnow still catching them even with the new name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts