Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't planning on going today but decided late to head to Georgetown. Didn't start fishing until 10:45. When I was launching two bass boats were loading up. Kind of told me something. Started with two rods on the deck that worked well last November, then pulled out another and another until I had eight rods on the deck. Hadn't had a sniff by the time I ate my PBJ at 12:15. After lunch I collected my thoughts and decided what to do. Of all the rods on the deck the most successful ones for me was the Texas rigged neko and the 2.8 HP Keitech. It was kinda breezy so I decided on the 2.8. I put all other rods back in the boxes and started covering water. It wasn't long before I caught my first fish. Not long after that I had one swimming with it that I didn't feel or get. Just ground it out until 3:15 and clicked seven. A boat was pulling tubers all afternoon, several jet skis, as I was heading for the ramp a jet ski pulling a wake boarder caused me to get off plane because he was crossing my path. Don't think he was seeing other boats. Water was 66-67. One other note. The guide on Lewisville who was leading with over 24 lbs after day one had a melt down and only caught two today for 3 lbs 4 oz. I didn't measure my fish but had two keepers for sure and possibly a third.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts