Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at this week's weather and decided to join you Weekend Warriors today. I knew it would be challenging. My goal was to catch a fish. First cast at 11:20. My first fish was a hard pulling drum. Best fight of the day. Since I caught my last 60 bass on the 3" Minnow that's what I started with and that's all I fished again. The bite was tough for me. I had four bass and the drum by lunch at 12:50. I never felt a single bite today other than the drum. All the fish were on and slowly swimming before I knew it. I lost many fish that I felt when they let go. The afternoon was better and I caught six more. Same kind of hits. Missed several more. Puzzling to me that I didn't catch a single little guadalupe bass. Usually on tough days I catch a lot of those. So clicked 11 by the time I quit around 4. I was pleased with my catch considering conditions. All fish were caught on the 3" Longhorn Minnow in Bluegill Flash color on an 1/8 oz. grass head. Didn't catch any chunks. Took a couple of photos so you can see I was out there. These were typical of most of my catch. Water was 66º to 67º. The lake is 17.27 ft. low. Pray for a flood.
Sky Cloud Vertebrate Water Boat

Sky Water Cloud Outdoor recreation Fisherman

1 - 1 of 1 Posts