Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my son today. We don't get to fish often enough. We started fishing about 8:30. I didn't expect a great day. Clouds most of the day Thursday, meaning active fish. Mostly sunny today with North and Northeast wind. Fished the same water as Wednesday but the fish weren't in the same mood. My son caught his best fish early on a 2.8 Longhorn swim bait in bluegill color. In running the points and corners we would catch one here and there. I threw the Super Fluke Jr. off and on and it caught several fish. We had gone a long while without a bite so I put on a neko rig with a 4" senko. Used the same hook as the Fluke so it was an easy switch. I caught a fish right away and then another. Switched my son over to that and he caught a couple on that. I neko rigged a 5" senko and caught one on that. No real pattern. We caught fish on the 2.8 swim baits in bluegill and live green, Super Fluke Jr. in albino, 4" neko senko in watermelon red, 5" neko senko in baby bass, 5" senko wacky in baby bass. There really wasn't a best bait. Clicked 19 by the time we quit at around 2:00. One was a hard pulling drum. I felt good about our results. I wasted more time in the morning on the inurig.
Water Shorts Vertebrate Sky Smile

1 - 1 of 1 Posts