Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've said I don't usually fish on Mondays because the fish have been pounded for two days. But it was such a nice morning I just couldn't stay home. Had some things to do and didn't start fishing until 10:35. About 11:00 I saw a bass boat loading up so that usually tells me how the fishing is. There was some wind so didn't see any surface feeds. Fished my usual areas and caught 7 by 12:35 when I had my PB&J. The bite was slow all afternoon. Caught three decent fish on the Super Fluke Jr. and all the rest on 2.8 hand pour bluegill swim baits rigged on a red 1/8 oz ball head. Clicked 15 by 3:40 when I quit. The count included a magnum bluegill and a drag taking drum. Overall quality was up and I caught only 2 dinks. Surface temp down to 75º. Looking back I think I should have fished the Fluke more even though the wind made it hard to fish. Spent a lot of time spot locked and using the remote. Definitely adds fish for me.
Water Sky Lake Fish Fisherman

·
Super Moderator
2,206 Posts
I’m happy to hear you had a good day. It can be tough to shrug off pre-conceived notions. It does seem logical the fish would sound after 48 hours of man made surface activity. I’ve had to push past the idea that fish learn or that they have memory.

When I fished Pflugerville a lot, I used to worry about the lake being in the flight path of airplanes landing and taking off from Austin Executive Airport. I used to shake my fist at the airplanes and shout, “You’re spooking the fish!”

Now that I fish Lady Bird a lot, it seems the fish are not spooked by much if anything at all. Kayaks, sculls, canoes and paddleboards galore. Loud concerts, construction noise, trains and coach boat outboards. The fish bite like crazy.

But still, I am leery of angling pressure, overnight thunderstorms, full moon, and, of course, bad mojo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts