Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All week I kept watching the forecasts and Friday looked like the only day without possible storms and rain. Was surprised to see a much revised forecast for Thursday. Weather.com's future (also sometimes fake) radar showed everything east which turned out to be true. Decided to make the 5.5 mile trip. Had not planned to go so long story short I started fishing at 10:20. I wasn't expecting too much because I thought the overnight lightning might have an adverse effect on the bite. I went to the first area where the big schools of shad had been. It was calm and I didn't see much activity. I didn't spend much time looking and started fishing my usual areas. Clicked 18 by 12:35 when I had my PB&J. The afternoon was slower. The swim bait bite had slowed so I tried jerking the little fluke. Caught a decent fish right away and thought I was on to something. But no..saw several fish swirl on the bait but not eat it. Some nips and grabs but no takes. Spent some time using some other small jerk baits but eventually went back to the 2.8" bluegill swim bait. The bite picked up a little before 2:00 (or maybe I was in the right area) and I started catching one here and there. Ended up with 27 for the day. Quit at 3:10. Quality was down from last time and about half were spotted bass. I find that on tough days I always catch more spots. Same baits as last report. Only caught a couple on the Super Fluke Jr, a couple on the live green swim bait, and the rest with the bluegill 2.8 swim bait. I got nips and grabs all day. Many just bit the tail off. I used 19 bluegill swims. I used a red jig head today and it seemed to work well. I've been using a 1/8 oz. ball head with keeper that I make with a #2 hook. Water has cooled to 77º. Saw only two bass boats and one pleasure boat. The lightest traffic I've ever seen there.
Water Vertebrate Fluid Liquid Fisherman

Automotive lighting Font Gas Rectangle Auto part

1 - 1 of 1 Posts