Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am all well following COVID and have my strength back. No problem launching the boat by myself. This was a last minute trip. I planned to go Friday in the 70º weather but got home from Costco about 12:30 and it was so pretty I couldn't resist making the 5.5 mile trip. Started fishing at around 1:30. Tried the wacky senko for a long time for no bites. The second place I stopped I started catching on the Ned rig. I was experimenting with different types of weedless heads but caught every fish on a PB&J 2.75" TRD on 1/8 and 1/16 oz. heads. All three "weedless" heads still get hung up. Missed quite a few fish but ended up with 13 by 4:30. Two were hard pulling drum. Water is 58º. Late in the day after missing a fish I said out loud "That was a bite!" Immediately heard two girls giggle. They were on a hiking trail above me. Guess they thought talking to myself was funny. My goal today was to catch a fish so was pleased with my catch.

·
Super Moderator
2,245 Posts
Nice recovery. Longhorn. I heard that black bass fishing is good therapy for long Covid. The more bass you catch the better you feel. Glad you’re back on the water!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts