Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time:  8am-4pm
weather:  Chilly to start....dar'n hot at finish
water:  YUCK...fairly clear with a bunch of decomposing matter...
Wind:  SSE to 10mph

Caught a bunch of bass w/ only two keepers.......Launched, i think cedar breaks...anyway.near the damn...fished out of the cove, then headed East down the shore.....hitting mainlake points, guts along the walls...secondary points in the creeks and and flippn flooded buck in the creaks.........moved along the rip rap heading north than fished the large flat at the NNE corner of the damn......finised up the day fishing from there along the south facing bank heading west into the cove with all the flooded cedars.......

C-rig ... Main Lake points (ledges)    >15'.....Strike King Lizard (green Pumpkin)
Crank ... bluff walls (boulders)   >7'...........Norman Middle N (Smokey Joe)
Spinnerbait...  Brush edges (early)   <5'.......War-eagle (smoke)
Jig/ wacky .....deep timber ....    >10'........Jackal 5.8(green Pumpkin)

Caught bass on other baits but these got more bites....with the keepers coming on the Crankbait.......BTW im fishing out of a NativeWaterCraft Mariner 12.5 (a kayak :D) so i'm fishig the entire way in these reports........The water has a slight smell, decay color (tanic) to it and the shallow water (flooded Buck Brush) was completely void of ANY LIFE :'(....maybe in a few weeks the bait will return....so if i was heading out again i would concentrate on the points.....Shadow areas allong bluff walls and that Awesome flat on the NNE corner..(ALOT OF BASS on that flat holding and feeding right on the 12'13 foot drop)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.