Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spending a few days at the S.P. over spring break. Anybody have any idea on how the fishing is? Should I bother bringing the Yak? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Frio (Spanish for "cold") is, as the name implies, a cold and very clear river. It is not known for stellar bass fishing. However, if you use a light action rod with 4 - 6 lb. test line with a Roadrunner or small Beetle Spin you can catch 40-50 fish a day (mostly little bream, bluegills, Rio Grande cichlids, etc.) but it's still a blast. Good luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Frio (Spanish for "cold") is, as the name implies, a cold and very clear river. It is not known for stellar bass fishing. However, if you use a light action rod with 4 - 6 lb. test line with a Roadrunner or small Beetle Spin you can catch 40-50 fish a day (mostly little bream, bluegills, Rio Grande cichlids, etc.) but it's still a blast. Good luck.
It's hard to do that there, I caught some small ones on a dry fly setup. But it has got to be the worse place to fish.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the feedback fellas. I heard of a few people having good luck near the dam, and there is a kayak shuttle service in the area Im going to see if I can pry a little more info out of. Either way ill post an update upon my return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts