Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't seen anything advertised yet, the kids and I am looking for something to do today maybe we will run by there and see if anything is posted in the store. It could be that they are planning to move the inventory to another location that is staying open but I would think that wouldn't be cost effective

·
Registered
15 Posts
Never mind, found out they are closing 32 stores including these: Houston, Killeen, Laredo, Lubbock, Round Rock, San Antonio, Sugar Land, Texarkana, Waco, West Houston

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any word on a store-wide liquidation sale? I'd like to rummage through the clothes and soft plastics, but I live too far away to go on a whim. Has anyone checked out the store recently?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Went by this morning and the store is 10-30 percent off.

On a side note if anyone is needing a deal on a fish finder there was a Hummingbird 798ci SI marked down to $479 if you get the additional 20% it could be picked up for $383. I personally don't have experience with that unit but it seems like a great deal even when compared to ebay prices.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I went there yesterday. I'm sad that they're leaving town. The employees told me two months til shut down.

I bought shoes and a paddle vest. Most baits and tackle is 20% off so I'll be back for sure.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Went Friday afternoon. As stated before 10-30% off the lowest marked price. My shopping strategy was to look for items already on clearance. There were a few items I passed up on like the Abu MGX reel on clearance for $239. Really thought about that one.

Talked for a while with an employee in the gun section. I was told the same as Jeremy, 45-60 days till doors close. I will be back when the markdowns hit 30-50%.

All told I ended up going on a little Spro spree and spent a little less than $35. That is a lot better than the $500 I spend when Golfsmiths went out of business.

I wish they carried the Spro McStick in Cellmate. I would have cleaned them out on that one.

IMG_1033.JPG

·
Registered
315 Posts
On a side note.

I went to Academy on 1431 in Cedar Park, early last week, and found a few Rat-L-Traps mislabeled at $1.99 instead of $5.49. Just couldn't help myself even though I don't like red baits, soft or hard. It is not that red doesn't catch fish it is just a mental block I have. I don't wear red shirts either.

Anyway, I didn't clear them out but I came close. I got 4 Red Crawfish, 2 Pumpkin Craw, and 2 Toledo Red. Next time I see Jeremy he gets half of them. :)

IMG_1034.JPG

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked up 2 new pairs of boots. Got two new archery bags for my bow fishing set ups. That mgx out the door is 230....ugggg.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Went by this morning and the store is 10-30 percent off.

On a side note if anyone is needing a deal on a fish finder there was a Hummingbird 798ci SI marked down to $479 if you get the additional 20% it could be picked up for $383. I personally don't have experience with that unit but it seems like a great deal even when compared to ebay prices.
Negative on that. Went there today picked one up and took it to the counter, it rang $431.97 with discounts...didnt buy it lol

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
All told I ended up going on a little Spro spree and spent a little less than $35...
View attachment 31186
I admired all the Spro baits on that display and in your pic. They set the Spro display up a couple weeks ago. They had new rods, new baits. This thread had already been started, and they were setting stuff out. I was hoping for the best, but now Gander Mtn goes the way of Sportsman's Warehouse.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I need to get back to Cabelas. Love those tackle bags that are priced way below the sale prices at Gander.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
i like the one i've had for lo these many years...i would be hard pressed to replace it...i DO have an appreciation for the clearance cave, however!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts