Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share a picture of my 'replacement' boat.

532960_3251230011011_1574840682_2629684_920304786_n.jpg

The one I bought in '05 had corrosion on the transom and hull. It formed tiny pinholes that would allow it to take on water. The hull had a lifetime warranty. So they put my 2005 motor on a 2010 boat. The boat had never been sold retail, just among dealers for a year or so. Also, they replaced the bunks on my galvanized trailer. They determined the carpet on the existing bunks held water, therefore contributing to the corrosion on the bottom. So everything is new, but the motor which still runs great! I highly recommend anyone considering getting a boat to do business with G3, a Yamaha company. They stand behind their word. Everything on the boat is new also, trolling motor, depth finder, seats, everything! Thank you G3.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Great customer service, glad it worked out so well for you.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Met a guy years back at the ramp at Mona's with kind of a similar story. As we were BS'ng about how similar our boats looked (my white Xpress, his white G3) he explained that the top cap of his brand new G3 had begun to come apart and split off of the hull after only 6 months. He guessed the welds were faulty and described it as basically the top and bottom coming apart at the seams. They completely replaced it with a brand new hull and re-rigged everthing no questions asked. That day was the maiden launch of his new hull so needless to say he was pretty pumped. I would totally expect and demand a manufacturer fix such a thing after only 6 months, but in your case after what, 7 years? and they also replaced the tm, df, seats, bunks, etc.??? WOW, that is some bodaciously awesome customer service. Now, where can I get me some of dat hull and transom corrosion again?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The folks at Marine Outlet in Temple, Texas is the dealer. A really well-run business. They make you feel cared for. Good people there.

·
Registered
410 Posts
wow glad they treated you good! I like to hear when a company takes care of their customers...wish i could have got the same customer service with my old tracker...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not really built for speed. It's 17.5'. Mod V hull. 3 live wells. 1 is just for bait (with a bucket included). The other two will hold fish or bait. The live well under the seat is large enough to keep redfish alive (if tourney fishing). The Yamaha 60 H four stroke is a perfect motor for this boat. It'll push you across the water about 20-30 mph (depending on load).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts