Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished alone today and didn't really do very well. That is till i rolled up on the stillhouse outlet across from cedar breaks. First drop with the crippled herring spoon was good for a 6 lb "CARP" if you can believe that schnizzle! Hooked in the mouth for no less. Next 20 mins. brought a half dozen small whites and 4 blacks. Ended the fishing trip winding the spoon to the boat from the bottom-------- HOWEVER ------- i got stopped about 10 feet off the bottom and the drag started screaming!!! 7 mins later after a knock down dragging fight, a 8-9 lb hybrid came to the boat!! Biggest hybrid iv'e ever seen and completely by accident. trying to get this fish resulted in the split ring being straightened out and the fish swimming away with my spoon!! Oh well-- better luck next time. :( Brian :-/

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kid you guys not--- Iv'e had easier battles with yellowtail and albacore, this fish smoked me severall times on the run. Best freshwater battle iv'e had since the 11.2 black in the same area last winter. Brian

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know carp are supposed to be strictly vegetarian but they will pick up an easy meal occasionally. We used to catch them every now and then on small jigs and my buddy caught this one on a slab about a month ago trying to catch whites, also caught in the mouth we thought it ws a big striper took over half an hour to get to the boat! More than a little disapointed when it came up :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.