Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for a couple hours this morning with very little bite. I caught a few on the deep bends, rocky ledges with shaky heads. I think its going to take a few days for the fish to come out and play.

Any opinions on the fishing in Austin in the days to come based on past re-fills?

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Were you able to take a water temp reading?
See any water hazards or lots of loose debris?

This is just my uneducated theory but here are the factors that I'm watching:

1)  The cold Lake Travis bottom water used to fill LA needs to warm up.
2)  The impending cold fronts need to roll through and a nice warm weather trend needs to settle in.
3)  More sun light is need.  We're currently gaining approximately a minute of extra day light each day.
4)  As with any water level increase it'll take a few days for fish to move up and re-acclimate to the newly availiable structures and cover.

Of course that doesn't mean that fish can't be caught.  I just think those are a couple of factors worth watching.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ninja,

<<bow>>

We, too, were at Amistad Fri-Sun. We found just a couple of coves up Devils arm that were up to 64.2. As much as I'd like to see it, that will be a stretch for LA to see that temp for another two weeks. Rude hit the nail on the head. Fish S - L - O - W. Looking forward to seeing and meeting more of you in the coming months.

<<bow>>

Tom

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yep, need to wait a few days for the lake to settle and then it will be on, probably Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I like to hear that, less traffic for me this weekend. Its like anywhere else you just have to do what the fish want you to do. Adapt your fishing to the colder water and clear your head of the drawdown techniques and youll find them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.