Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fringe and a couple of other sponors have been kicking around the idea of hosting this weekly event but weren't sure if there would be enough interest.

What's been discussed
7pm - 12pm , team $40.00 + $5.00 BB pot optional
Running throughout the Summer taking off the 4th of July and any conflicting BCs

A championship to be held in early September, with two ways to qualify. A person can fish 75% of the total or an accumulated amount of weight.

If an angler wants to qualify for the championship a sign up fee will be charged and then put into the championship pot. This way we will know who's weight to keep on a weekly basis and determine who qualifies. If your partner fishes and you don't you don't get his or her weight added on to yours and vice versa.

Any suggestions or interest please let us know here or PM, season is about to start and we need to get going on this ASAP.

Thanks
J

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awfully short notice and I probably can't, boats in the shop for another week.

I'm probably going to regret this, if enough people say 10 teams will commit, I'd say lets give it a go, I'd need a backseat though and we'd need a good scale. Where to launch hasn't even been discussed yet.

Let's see who's interested by 10:00 tonight, I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, might be better to wait a week for better organization.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Friday nighter is going to require a little more planning to do right.

I believe there is enough interest, so we'll move forward and make an announcement hopefully in the next week as to a start up date, launch location and more of the particulars..

Rather do it right from the beginning.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still in the works
It's been suggested that the launch be held around Anderson Bend/Siesta Shores area. There is still a launch fee. Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Target date is Friday the 19th.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Friday Night Jackpot is a go.  
I'll post the rules and other information as soon as possible.  

I'm going to order a digital bench scale later today, if anyone has one and wants to sell it contact me ASAP.

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Friday Night Jackpot:  I apologize for the delay getting this out, if you have any questions please e mail me at [email protected] or call @ 512-820-8446

Registration begins at 6:15 until 6:50
Team Open $40.00 entry + $5.00 Big Bass
Starting March 19th through August 27th
Culminating in a Championship Sept. 4th
To qualify for the championship a registered angler must fish 17 of 23 events or having weighed an accumulated weight of 145 lbs.
The championship will be from safe light to 3:00 pm on Lake Travis and pay the top 3 places.
A $15.00 fee will be charged to register for the purpose of record keeping; only those who register will have their weight kept.
In case of a tie for Angler of the Year the prize money will be split 50-50
The Friday night will not take place on the 4th of July weekend and will be moved to Saturday night May 8th to accommodate Bass Champs.
You do not get the weight weighed of your partner if you do not fish and vice versa.
Rules:
1)  This is a catch and release tournament, no dead fish will be weighed.
2)  All fish brought to the scale will become property of the director.
3)  Participation in this tournament is open to anyone.  Signature of a parent or guardian is required for participants under 18 years of age.
4)  A team is no more than 2 persons and must fish from the same boat.
5)  Teams do not have to stay the same from week to week.
6)  Any participant is subject to a polygraph test at the discretion of the director, refusal or failure of the test will result in forfeiture of winnings and eligibility to fish future tournaments.
7)  Only contestants may be in the boat during the tournament.
8)  Payment of entry is consent you agree with the director and abide by all tournament rules.
9)  Fringe Tackle Company, director, sponsors and participants are not responsible or liable for any accidents or injuries to yourself or property prior to, during and after the event.  You are responsible for yourself.  Be safe
10)  Good sportsmanship will be displayed at all times.  No fishing within 50 ft of another boat without that contestant's permission.  Conduct deemed unsportsmanlike can result in disqualification and loss of eligibility for future tournaments.
11)  All Federal, State and Local laws will be followed.  Failure to do so can result in disqualification and loss of eligibility for future tournaments.
12)  Livewell checks will be performed prior to the start of the tournament and can be performed at any time during the tournament.
13)  Fishing must be done on Lake Travis from your boat only.
14)  Only one rod may be used at any one time.  Each cast must be retrieved before another is made.
15)  Artificial baits may only be used, trolling with the combustion engine is prohibited, or automatic disqualification will result.
16)  Each team may weigh five (5) fish only which measure 14 inches in length on the official board.  Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, Guadalupe and Kentucky Spotted bass are allowed.
17)  Any team bringing a fish which measures less than 13 3/4 inches will be disqualified.
18)  Boats will leave in groups of 5 according to your chip number, leaving prior will result in disqualification.
19)  Tournament hours will be 7:00 PM to 12:00 Midnight, your chip must be in the box by 12:00 am Midnight to weigh in your fish, no grace period, no exceptions.  The tournament director's time is the official time.  Only one weigh in per team, last call will be 12:20.
20)  All boats must have their lights on at dusk per state rules.  You will be automatically disqualified if caught without lights on after dark, No Warnings.
21)  Life vest per state law requirements are to be worn as written.  Fringe Tackle Company, director, sponsors and participants will not be responsible or liable for injury caused by the lack of wearing a Coast Guard approved PFD.
22)  Alcohol consumption, Fringe Tackle Company, director, sponsors or participants will not be liable for injury or financial liability for any failure to adhere to all state and local laws.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.