Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to get in a few hours,6-10, on Lake Georgetown last Friday night. The water temp was 81 mainlake and 87.6 in the river.
I focussed up river for the first couple of hours without a bite. Where do you catch bass in that stinking river? ???
Then I tried one of the huge brush piles for a few minutes. I met Jeff Cox there, nice guy. I caught one 10" bass and moved to another brush pile without a bite. The brush I like is only 10'-13.5' deep now and hasn't produded much lately. :( Then I tried up close to the dam and caught two 13" bass on a Super Spook, good times!
Finally I finished up across the lake from Cedar Breaks and caught several bass on a 10" power worm between 8:30 and 9:30. The largest was 18".

I have noticed that with the wind and falling lake levels that the water is really green mainlake and dirty up river. I guess once the new water line is up and running the lake will be sucked dry! :eek: It seems to be dropping around 6"-8" a week now, maybe more.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That explains a lot. I didn't know!!  :-[  
I guess that has something to do with the color? I expected it to clear up without any rain. I'm assuming that the intake on the Overlook side isn't an intake after all.  ???

"Good job fishhead ... were's the pic !!"

You'll just have to take my word for it. Golden Rule, no guessing! Oh Yeah, you should have been there!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Bass on this lake are hard to find. I fish the pipes on the south side with T/R plastic and do pretty good.

When I get up into the river area I like to drop my plastic straight down by the trunk of the timber and fish it like I would a jig. Crank baits and top water baits up around the dam area have worked pretty good for me also. But it is a hard lake to find some decent fish on. My P/B on this lake is only 4lbs. I caught it last year.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
The biggest fish we've caught lately have been in the last cove on the left by the dam. Fishing the vertical drop of the submerged waterfall.

Also, spooning them up from an old homestead just around the bend from Russell Park. You'd need an old topo to find that unless you can read your finder very carefully.

Up river, any mouth of the creeks, fished 10-25ft.

I've never had any luck fishing the brush piles, like the older ones built from the '91 flood or the newer ones from the 2005(?) flood.

The shoreline heading into the cove that runs behind the Jim Hogg campsites always has smallies on it. Just not the big ones like it used to be.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure which brush piles are which, but I have done real well on a couple of them. That is until the lake dropped.

Hey Hookem! Where do you get one of those old topo maps? Or better yet, let's go fishing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.