Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Austin Boats & Motors is proud to announce their Fall Working Man Tournament Series on Lake Travis!

Every Tuesday from Oct 5th through Nov 2, 2010 we will be hosting a tournament out of Mansfield Park with a guaranteed $250 for first place.

Oct 12th 2010 5pm-8pm Lake Travis(Manfield Dam Park) Registration 4:30pm

3 Fish Limit Format 14" minimum.  Anglers can fish alone or with partner but only 3 fish per boat will be weighed.  Dead fish 1 pound penalty.  Culling of dead fish not allowed.

1st Place       $250 Cash Guaranteed by Austin Boats & Motors
2nd Place      $100 ABM Gift Certificate
3rd-6th place Tackle Pack from Academy

Entry Fee $0(yes, that is correct ZERO) It's FREE to come out and fish our tournament series for Fall 2010 and have a chance to win some bucks but most of all just have fun and show off your skills.

Big Bass Side Pot for $5 (per boat)

50% Fall Engine Service Coupon for every boat owner fishing in tournament(just to say thanks for coming out and joining us)

Weigh-in and Registration held at Mansfield Dam Park(Austin Boats & Motors Truck and banner)

Fall Tournament Schedule Oct 5th, Oct 12th, Oct 19th, Oct 26th and Nov 2nd

Tournament Contact: Pete Chase [email protected] (512)263-2811 during business hours(closed Sunday and Monday) or email [email protected] for questions.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: Tuesday Oct 5th Working Man's Bass Fishing Tournament Series!!!

sounds great for sure, just wish the start time was a little later. gonna be hard to make it there by 5.

·
Registered
162 Posts

wow that's a great idea, wish'n I was off on Tues nights. Sure alot will enjoy these.

·
Registered
499 Posts

You call this a working man's tournament, yet most are just getting off of work at 5pm. Any way you could move this to 6pm start? That would be awesome. ;)

·
Registered
11,981 Posts

465B545E5058545B350 said:
You call this a working man's tournament, yet most are just getting off of work at 5pm. Any way you could move this to 6pm start? That would be awesome. ;)

+1, thats a tough time to start.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Well, that's a shame. 5PM works great for me! Har! My guess is it looks like they are trying to eliminate fishing during the night time as best as they can in order to keep it a safer, more fun family oriented event. I understand the difficulty of making it for a 5PM start time for some of you guys, but if you push it to 6 this time of the year, that pretty well turns it into a night tournament. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
499 Posts

Well then 6am till 9am if you want to keep it family oriented. :D

It was just a suggestion. There's nothing really 'family oriented' in a jackpot tournament though is there? ;D

Let's fish! I should be there tomorrow if it's the only one I may make if the time doesn't change only because the witch-in-law is in town. :eek:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

372A252F2129252A440 said:
It was just a suggestion.
I understand. I wasn't trying to say it was a bad suggestion either. I was just explaining what I understood with what they seem to be trying to accomplish. No worries.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

does this make the lake off limits until 5 today?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I know the 5pm start time is a little hard for some people to make but we were trying to make this a mostly daytime event for safety and to have our volunteers get home at a decent hour.

Once we get through tonight's event, we will see if there is anything that needs to be adjusted.

Pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

The lake is not off limits for those who were planning on pre-fishing today.

·
Registered
637 Posts

Congrats to Lance for another big win. Thanks to Austin Boats & Motors for a great tournament.

·
Registered
183 Posts

had a great time and thanks again to Austin Boats & Motors for putting this together.
thought I had it won until lance weighed in dang-it, missed it by an ounce.
congrats lance.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

Thanks guys, it was a blast, with only 3 fish weighing I think there will be some close finishes. Gotta give some credit to Barry, he put some fish in the boat as well. We caught alot of fish, had around 8 or 10 keepers to mull through.

Looking forward to next tuesday, and maybe even the Oct 17th tourney. Definetly looking forward to the LBJ tourney.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Congratulations to Lance and nice big bass for Eric.  Glad to see we had a nice turnout.  Me and Pete got cocky with 3 fish until you guys put us back in the real world at the weigh in.  We'll see you all next Tuesday.  

1 - 20 of 80 Posts